|您现在的位置： 福建师大附中 >> 外语组 >> 教学资源库 >> 课外阅读 >> 正文test||用户登录 新用户注册|
|作者：佚名 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2006-7-12|
1 递进: besides(此外), furthermore/ what's more/ moreover(而且), in addition(另外)
eg: I'm too busy to go for a walk. Besides, it's too late.
The house isn't big enough for us, and furthermore, it's too far from the town.
2 转折：but, however, or/otherwise(否则), on the contrary( 相反地), after all(毕竟),
nevertheless(然而), rather than, instead of, yet, on the other hand, unfortunately
eg: Lock the door of the monkey's cage, otherwise it may escape.
I want to drink ice water in such a hot day rather than (instead of) warm milk.
3. 总结： finally/at last/in conclusion/ to conclude (最后), in brief/ in short/in a word (总之),
to sum up, to summarize, in summary (总之), on the whole (总的看来，大体上)
eg: In brief, if we want to do our work well, we must make preparations carefully.
In conclusion, I'd like to thank you for all you've done for me.
4. 列举： for example / for instance(例如), take …for example, actually/in fact/ as a matter of
fact (事实上), such as, for one thing … for another
eg: Actually, every coin has two sides. (Everything has two sides.) Advertising is
no exception. (事实上,事物都是有利有弊的。 广告也不例外。)
At school I studied many subjects such as Chinese, maths, English, physics,
chemistry and computer.
I can't go there. For one thing, I have no money; for another, I have no time.
5. 结果： as a result/as a consequence (结果), thus, therefore(因此，所以)
eg: For years, people there tried to keep the balance of nature. As a result, the
countryside has now taken on a new look.
Their car was caught in the traffic jam, thus causing the delay.
6. 强调： indeed(的确), undoubtedly/certainly/surely(肯定地), above all(尤其，最重要的),
especially(尤其), after all, apparently/obviously/clearly(显然地)，There is no
doubt that， in any case
eg: He is indeed a remarkable painter.
I would like to buy a house —— modern, comfortable, and above all, in a quiet place.
When it's completed, a great deal of electricity will be produced. Also, it can help to
prevent flood. Especially, it's convenient for water transport.
7. 比较： like, similarly, likewise, in the same way/in the same manner（同样地）
eg: If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything. Likewise, if you think what
you do will hurt others, don’t do it.
8. 对比 ： on(the) one hand, on the other(hand)(一方面…另一方面) on the contrary/by contrast/ in
contrast., while, different from,
eg: You didn't bother me. On the contrary, I like your company. (你没有打扰我,相反地,我喜欢有你作伴。)
9. 目的： for/with the purpose of (为…目的), so as to/ so that(以便), in order to/ in order that, so that
eg: In order to celebrate our success of Beijing winning the bid for the 2008 Olympic
Games, the young volunteers in our school decided to go to the Olympic park to plant
10. 解释： that is (to say), in other words(换句话说，那就是说) namely, in simple words
eg: He was beaten in the match. In other words, he lost the game.
11. 顺序: first (firstly), second (secondly), third (thirdly), then, finally, to begin with, first of all, last, next, above all, last but not the least (最后, 但不是最不重要的一点), first and most important
eg: Our net-school is very helpful in many ways. First, it can make teaching and learning easier with great interest. Second, students can get more information and knowledge in class. Third, we can send emails to all parts of the world at any time.
Please allow me, first of all, on behalf of all present here, to give our warm welcome to
the respected guest who has come from so far away.
Last but not the least, the interviewee ought to be honest about his or her personal as well as academic background, for honesty is the best policy.
12. 让步：although, though, in spite of, despite, even if, after all
eg: It's hard work. I enjoy it though.
I went out in spite of the rain.
13. 时间： later, next, then, finally, at last, eventually, meanwhile (同时), from now on, at the same time, in the end, immediately, recently, soon, now and then, during, nowadays, since, lately, as soon as, afterwards, temporarily (暂时地), earlier, now, after a while
eg: The incomes of male professionals went up by almost 80%. Meanwhile part-time women workers saw their earnings fall. (男性专业人员的收入几乎增加了80%,而与此同时兼职女性的收入却下降了。)
The government eventually collapsed in 1970.（该政府终于在一九七零年倒台了。）
14. 原因 : for this reason, due to, thanks to, because, because of, as, since, owing to
eg: Our happy childhood is due to our father's hard work. (我们幸福的童年应归功于父亲的辛勤工作。)
Owing to a lack of funds, the project will not continue next year.
Schooling and Education
The Language of Music
|| 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 联系站长 | 友情链接 | 版权申明 | 管理登录 ||