|您现在的位置： 福建师大附中 >> 外语组 >> 教学资源库 >> 语法教学 >> 正文test||用户登录 新用户注册|
|作者：郭圣光 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2006-7-12|
I. multiple choices
1．They are playing well, but one of them _________ hurt.
A. got B. gets C. are D. were
2．----You Haven't said a word about my new coat, Brenda. Do you like it?
----I’m sorry I _______ anything about it sooner. I certainly think it's pretty on you.
A. wasn't saying B. don't say C. won't say D. didn't say
3. I wonder why Jenny -_______us recently. We should have heard from her by now.
A. hasn't written B . doesn't write
C. won't write D. hadn't written
4. The silence of the library______ only by the sound of pages being turned over.
A. has been broken B. breaks
C. broke D. was broken
5．All morning as she waited for the medical report from the doctor, her nervousness
A. has grown B. is growing C. grew D. had grown
6．Why don't you put the meat in the fridge? It will - fresh for several days.
A. be stayed B. stay C. be staying D. have stayed
7. --Sorry, Joe I didn't mean to...
----Don't call me "Joe". I'm Mr Parker to you, and ________you forget it !
A. do B. didn't C. did D. don't
8． The news came as no surprise to me. I ______ for some time that the factory was going to shut down.
A. had known B. knew C. have known D. know
9． I thought Jim would say something about his school report, but he ______it.
A. doesn't mention B. hadn't mentioned C. didn't mention D. hasn't mentioned
10． No one in the department but Tom and I ________that the director is going to resign.
A. knows B. know
C. have known D. am to know
11. Although he has lived with us for years, he _________ us much impression.
A. hadn't left B. didn't leave C. doesn't leave D. hasn't left
12. How can you possibly miss the news? It ______ on TV all day long.
A. has been R had been C. was D. will be
13. ----Sorry to have interrupted you. Please go on.
-----Where was I?
--------You __________ you didn't like -your father's job.
A. had said B. said C. were saying D. had been saying
14. 1 arrived late; I _ ________the road to be so icy.
A. wouldn't expect B. haven't expected C. hadn't expected D. wasn't expecting
15. I______ while reading the English textbook. Luckily, my roommate woke me up in time!
A. had .fallen asleep B. have fallen asleep
C. fell asleep D. fall asleep
16. Now that she is out of a job, Lucy ______going back to school, but she hasn't decided yet.
A. had considered B. has been considering
C .considered D. is going to consider
17. The mayor of Beijing says that all construction work for the Beijing Olympics __by 2006.
A. has been completed B. has completed
C. will have been completed D. will have completed
18. The teacher, with 6 girls and 8 boys of her class, __________ visiting a museum when the earthquake struck.
A. was B. were C. had been D. would be
19. ------What were you doing when Tony phoned you?
-------1 had just finished my work and _______to take a shower.
A. had started R started C. have started D. was starting
20. The first use of atomic weapons was in 1945, and their power ________increased enormously ever since.
A. is B. was C. has been D. had been
21. The crazy fans ________patiently for two hours, and they would wait till the movie star arrived.
A. were waiting R had been waiting
C. had waited D. would wait
22. She ______her hairstyle in her hometown before she came to Chongqing for a better job.
A. would change B. has changed
C. changed D. was changing
23. All the employees except the manager _______________to. work on line at home.
A. encourages B. encourage
C. is encouraged D. are encouraged
24.-----You were out when I dropped in at your house.
-----Oh, I ___________ for a friend from England at the airport.
A. was waiting B. had waited
C. am waiting D. have waited
25. She has set a new record, that "is, the sales of her latest book____50 million.
A. have reached B. has reached
C. are reaching D. had reached
26. The discussion _______ alive when an interesting topic was brought in.
A. was coming B. had come C. has came D. came
27. Because the shop_________, all the T-shirts are sold at half price.
A. has closed down B. closed down
C. is closing down D. had closed down
28. Turn on the television or open a magazine and you ___advertisements showing happy families.
A. will often see B. often see
C. are often seeing D. have often seen
29------hear Jane has gone to. the Holy Island for her holiday.
------ Oh, how nice! Do you know when she __________
A. was leaving B. had left
C. has left D. left
30. He kept looking at her, wandering whether he _________her somewhere.
A. saw B. has seen C. sees D. had seen
II．Correct the errors
1. The buildings caught fire yesterday. 45% of the houses have destroyed. ____________
2. An important meeting is held at the meeting room now. no reporters are allowed to enter it. ____________
3. Once she decided to go to Beijing, she will telephone you _______
4. He wishes he took the teacher’s advice when he did the experiment_____________
5. When my parents came in, I played for a while and was going to do some reading. ___________
6. In the five year’s time, they had worked on the project. _________
7. ---- Did you go to Tom’s birthday party?
---- No, I haven’t been invited. Did they have a big party? ______________
8. When Mark opened the door, he saw a lady standing there. He never saw her before._______
9. I played Ping-pong quite well, but I haven’ t had time to play since the new year. ________
10. Sales of CDs have greatly increased since the early 1990s, when people had begun to enjoy the advantages of this new technology. _______________
I. multiple choices
1. My mind wasn't on what he was saying so. I'm afraid I ______ half of it.
A. was missing B. had missed C. will miss D. missed
2 It is said in the book that Thomas Edison (1847-1931) ________the world leading inventor for sixty years.
A. would be B .has been C. had been D. was
3. The little boy is dirty from head to foot because he ______ in the mud all morning.
A. has played B. is playing
C. has been playing D. was playing
4.The new dictionaries are very useful. They _______well and ________ already.
A. sell; have been sold out B. sold; had sold out
C. sell; sell out D. are sold; have been sold out
5.---- Are all the titles of the articles_________ in the contents?
A. listed; included B. listing; includes
C. listed; including D. being listed; being included
6. ---May I speak to your manager Mr. Williams at five o'clock tonight?
----I'm sorry, Mr. Williams _______to a conference long before
A. will have gone B. had gone
C. would have gone D. has gone
7. The baby is generally healthy ,but every now and then he _______ a cold.
A. do catch B. did catch C. done catch D. does catch
8. ---- You've made great progress in your studies of English, haven't you?
----Yes, but much ___________
A. remains to do B. is remained to do
C. remains to be done D. is remained to be done
9.---Sorry. I______ to post the letter for you.
----Never mind. _________ it myself after school.
A. forget; I'd rather post: B. forgot; I'm going to post
C. forgot; I'll post D. forget; I'd better post
10. Glad to see-you back. How long_________ in Russia?
A. did you stay B. have you stayed
C. were you staying D. have you been staying
11.The teacher______ at the desk ______ the exam papers.
A. sat; to be correcting B. sat down; to correct
C. sat; to correct D. was sitting down; correcting
12. The meeting was to_____ at 9 o'clock but the manager_____ until twenty minutes later.
A. be starting; didn't turn up B. have started; didn't turn up
C. start; hadn't turned up D. be started ; hadn't turned up
13. ------ Was Mary in the office when you arrived there?
-----Yes, but she __________ soon afterwards.
A. had left B. left C. would leave D. will leave
14. ------ Alice's second-hand computer _________wrong although she used it only once.
------You'd better go to check it.
A. went B. has gone C. is going D. had gone
15. She ________a blouse by herself yesterday, but 1 am not sure whether it is ready.
A. made B. had made C. was making D. would make
16. John as well as the other children who ____ no parents _____ good care of in the village.
A. have; is being taken B. have; has taken
C. has ; is taken D. has; have been taken
17.The dictionary still ________ where I_________ it a moment ago.
A. lies; laid B. lied; lay C. laid; laid D. lies; lay
18.This time Tom ________ careful enough, otherwise he would not have passed the test.
A. was B. should be C. had been D. were
19.The careless driver has just been__$ 10 for stopping his car at a sign that __"NO PARKING".
A. punished; reads B. fined; reads
C. punished; is written D. fined; is written.
20. Mr. Alcott told me that four-fifths of the houses _________.
A. have been sold out B. had been sold out
C. were sold out D. was sold out
21 ---- 1 know Jack spends at least as much time reading as he_______.
A. does writing B. is writing C. writes D. does to write
22 . ---- What were you doing when 1 phoned you last night?
----I __________ my painting and was starting to take a bath.
A. have already finished B. was finishing
C. had just finished D. was going to finish
23. Neither of the young men who had tried to get the job in the company_______.
A. has been accepted B. had been accepted
C. was accepted D. accepted
24. Unfortunately, when 1 dropped in, Professor Smith_____, so we only had time for a few
A. has just left B. had just left
C. just left D. was just leaving "
25-----Has your sister finished her composition yet?
------I have no idea. She _______it this morning.
A. wrote B. has written C. had written D. was writing
26. We ______ at six o'clock, and hope _______ most of the journey by lunch time.
A. are leaving; to have done B. are leaving; to do
C. left; to have done D. leave; to be doing
27. ----Your daughter has two children, doesn't she?
----That's right. She ________in 1983.
A. did marriage B. had married
C. was married D. got married
28. ----- You haven't finished your homework yet, have you?
-----No, I __________ it the whole morning.
A. have been doing B. have done
C. had done D. did
29. ---What do you think of your new book" Harry"?
------Oh, it's great. 1 wanted them to be published but I wasn't sure whether they__successful.
A. have been B. were C. would be D. are
30. _--Look! Someone has spilt coffee on the carpet.
---Well, it _______ me.
A. isn't B. wasn't C. hasn't been D. hadn't been
II． Fill in the blanks with proper forms of the verbs given
reduce，teach，lay，permit , happen， be，come true, lead to，
1. By the time he ______ fifteen, he ____________ himself advanced maths.
2. The accident which _________ the other day _________ many deaths.
3．The costs of making paper in this paper mill ________________ so far.
4．She washed the vegetables, __________the table and did all the cooking on
5．How the little boy wishes his dream__________ some day.
6. Nobody ____________to take photos here without paying some money .
I. multiple choices
1. ----Tom came back home the day before yesterday.
--- Really? Where _____ at all ?
A. had he been B. has he been
C. had he gone D. has he gone
2. --Have you heard from Janet recently?
----No, but I_______ her over Christmas.
A. had seen B. will be seeing
C. have seen D. have been seeing
3.----- Long time no see. Haven't you graduated from college?
-----Yes. I _______ English for four years in Nantong.
A. study B. have studied
C. am studying D. studied
4. He _____ a model plane the whole morning. I supposed he would also do some washing.
A. made B. had made C. was making D. has made
5. In 1960,this was the longest bridge that________.
A. was ever built B. had ever built C. has ever been built D. had ever been built
6. Robert ______ me his address the other day, but I'm afraid I ________ it.
A. had given; lost B. has given; have lost
C. gave; have lost D. gives; lost
7.----Why bother? There's too much rubbish here. You'll never pick it all up.
----Maybe not. But at least this part of the park ________ cleaner.
A. will be B. was C. has been D. is
8. When and where to go for on-salary holiday ________yet.
A. are not decided B. have not been decided
C. is not being decided D. has not been decided
9. -----Why didn't you answer when I spoke to you in the street this morning?
----I _________ but you didn't hear me.
A. did answer B. didn't answer
C. could answer D. couldn't answer
10.----Did Mr. Sung buy any reading materials for you when he was in the US?
-----He was always meaning to, but never________.
A. do B. done C. did D. does
11. -----Why didn't you put your cellphone in your overcoat pocket?
-----I _________,but I was afraid it would be stolen.
A. had put B. put C. would have D. could have
12. -----Have you finished your composition already? ----Yes. I _______ it in twenty minutes.
A. have finished B. finished C. will finish 5. had finished
13. -----Peter, you __________the window quickly, will you?
-----OK'! Oh! The window ________ broken.
A. shut; is B. will; has been
C. are shutting; was D. have shut; has
14.------I went to work on foot yesterday, though it_______ cats and dogs.
-------You __________by bus.
A. is raining; must have gone
B. rained; would go
C. was raining; should have gone
D. have rained; could have gone
15. ------Don't go there alone in such late hours.
----Don't worry. I________.
A. don't B. won't C. didn't D. haven't
16.. ----______ Mr Brown ______ this week?
-----No. He is on holiday.
A. Has; worked B. Does; work
C. Did; work D. Is; working
17 ---Do you still remember her?
-----I _________her as much as I do now for a long time.
A. haven't missed B. don't miss
C. am not missing D. didn't miss
18. -----Why is the librarian looking so hard at me?
-----You ______to read aloud in the reading room.
A. don't suppose B. haven't supposed
C. are not supposed D. are not supposing
19. ----- I thought you were proud of the work I________.
-------I'm afraid' not. You'd better change it for another.
A. do B. had done C. did D. would
20. It was not until he took up fishing that he __________ to relax.
. A. had been beginning B. began
C. had begun D. beginning
21.------The enemy spy was found at last.
-----Really? Where _________ himself?
A. had he hidden B. did he 'hide
C. has he hidden D. was he hidden
22. –What______ when the gang broke in?
------I __________ the TV and was going to bed.
A. were, you going; was turning off
B. did you do; had turned off
C. had you done; 'was turning off
D. were you doing; had turned off
23. With the development of science, more new technology ______ to the fields of IT.
A. has introduced B. is being introduced
C. is introduced D. was introduced
24. The traffic accident wouldn't have happened yesterday, but the driver ______ really careless.
A. had been B. is C. were D. was
25. China sent up Shenzhou V manned Spaceship into space successfully, which shows science and technology _________ rapidly in China.
A. have been developing B. develops
C. is developing D. has developed
26. ----Will you go to the party?
-----Of course I will if ________
A. having invited B. invited
C. I was invited D. I will be invited
27.. The wind_________, but it was still rather cold.
A. no longer blew B. would no longer blow
C. was no longer blowing D. had no longer blown
28. -----This returned Chinese scholar has become one of the -top experts in this field.
-----Yes, I know him very well. He _______ in Africa with wild animals for eight years.
A. has worked B. had worked
C. worked D. has been working
29. Mr. Wilson offers to act as a guide for us; it is around 30 years since he_______ the city.
A. lived in B. has lived C. moved to D. has moved to
30. I can no longer put up with his way: he________ always ______ me as a child. .
A. does; treat B. 不填; treats
C. has; treated D. has; been treating
II． Fill in the blanks with proper forms of the verbs given
1. Do you know how one telephone ______________( connect ) with another in the past?
2. The patient ______________ ( attend ) on by nurses night and day since the operation.
3. Before I could say a word, he ________________ ( run ) away.
4. ---There is no Bill here.
---- I’m sorry. I think I ___________(dial) the wrong number.
5. Instead of connecting me to my father’s office at once, the operator _____( ask )me to wait for ten minutes.
6. He said he _______________( forgive ) me for losing his book.
7. The speaker ________________(suppose) to be excellent.
8. This is the first time that I_____________(see) him.
9. He lied that the table ___________(lay) by him.
10. How he wishes that he___________(be) the cleverest man in the world!
11. The moment he _______( see )a girl struggling in the river , he _________( jump ) into the water and saved her .
12. I don’t know the student whose name ______________(mention) at the meeting.
13 I’ve lost my camera，which ___________-( cost ) me a lot of money.
I. multiple choices
1． I _______ my sister three times today but her line was always busy.
A. I'd phoned B. I've been phoning
C. I've phoned D. I was phoning
2．After a fire broke out in the lab, a lot of equipment ________.
A. is damaged B. had damaged
C. damaged D. was damaged
3. The women’s club____ Lin, a foreign company employee who used to pay little attention to her appearance, to improve her dress style. and become more confident and open-minded.
A. enabled B. had enabled C. has enabled D. enables
4. In the spring sun, local residents ________ the Chengdu Botanical Garden where the Spring-greeting Flower Show is on.
A. are to attract to B. are to be attracted to
C. are attracted to D. are attracting to
5. You _______ out enjoying yourself when you ought to have been studying.
A. will be B. would be C. are D. were
6. A short time before she___, the old lady ___ a will, leaving all her money to her brother.
A. died; has written B. has died; wrote
C. had died; wrote D. died; had written
7. ------Kate doesn't look very well. What's wrong with her?
-----She has a headache because she _______ too long; she ought to stop work.
A. has been reading B. had read
C. is reading D. was reading
8. It was said that other possibilities______ at the meeting the day before yesterday.
A. were never paid attention B. were never paying attention to
C. never paid attention to D. were never paid attention to
9. I thought that these computers cost $ 850, but the price ________ up $ 50.
A. went B. will go C. goes D. has gone
10. Women prefer to think and then speak, while men like to speak as they _____
A. think B. have thought
C. thought D. are thinking
11.In my opinion, all Mr. White _______ good to his students in his class at present. He is very strict in their study.
A. does does does B. does do do
C. does does do D. did do does
12. -----Wang Ping is made monitor of our class.
-----Don't you believe it? You know ,___________ now.
A. I wasn't joking B. I didn't joke
C. I'm not joking D. I haven't Joked
13. -----Have you seen Steven recently?
------Yes, in fact I saw him this morning. I _________ him for two years.
A. didn't see B. haven't seen
C. hadn't seen D. don't see
14. Young people today are living a much more comfortable life than their parents ____ several years ago.
A. did B. had G. were D. would
15. ----- Let's hurry. Professor Wang is coming.
-------Oh, I was afraid that we _______.
A. already miss him B. will miss him
C. have already missed him D. had already missed him
16. It was a great party, thank you. But Jill, why ____you ______more friends to come?
A. haven't; invited B. don't; invite C. didn't; invite D. won't; invite
17. ----What happened to you the other day?
-----I __________ to Beijing, but I missed my flight.
A. would fly B. was flying
C. had flown D. flew
18. The platform ________ with people _________ goodbye to friends and relatives.
A. was crowded; have waved B. crowded; waving
C. was crowded; waving D. crowded; have been waving
19. -----I'm sorry, but there's no smoking on this flight.
----Oh, I __________ that. Sorry, I won't 'again.
A. don't know B. didn't know C. won't know D. haven't known
20. My sister, as well as her classmates who ____late for class, ______ criticized by Mr. Hunt.
A. were; was B. was; we're
C. was; was D. were; were
21. Tough____ the task was, we __finish it ahead of time and therefore we were highly praised for it.
A. though; would B. although; had to .
C. as; were able to D. though; must
22. ----It is said that another new car factory ________.
------Yeah. It __________ for nearly two months already.
A. is building; has been built
B. is built; has built
C. is being built; has been built
D. is being built; has been being built
23. --------__________ you ________ the chief editor at the airport?
-------No. He __________ away before my arrival.
A. Have; met; has driven B. Did; meet; had been driven
C. Had; met; was driven D. Have; met; was driven
24. The crazy fans ______ patiently for two hours, and they would wait till the singer arrived.
A. had waited B. would wait
C. were waiting D. had been waiting
25. ----Y our sister nearly _______ all her spare time to her course during the three years.
---That's right, or she ____ the first place in her school in the 2004 college Entrance Examination.
A. spent; wouldn't take B. hadn't devoted; hadn't taken
C. devoted; wouldn't have taken D. hadn't spent; couldn't take
26．The famous writer as well as his wife and daughter, _____ said to ____our party, but so far they______.
A. are; have attended; don't turn up B. is; have attended; ,haven't turned up
C. is; attend; haven't turned up D. are; attend; don't turn up
27．Coal is hard, like a rock and yet it burns, while no rocks _______.
A. do B. does C. are D. is
28. John and I _______ friends for eight years. We first got to know each other at Christmas party. But we________ each other several times before that.
A. had been; have seen B. have been; have seen
C. had been; had seen D. have been; had seen
29. Just over 200 years ago Kooris _________ 100% of the population, but today a little over
1 % of the population _________ them.
A. were made up of; makes up B. made up; is made up of
C. was made up of; makes up D. made up of; makes up of
30. I_________ on a sofa because my parents have come for the weekend.
A. slept B. was sleeping
C. have slept D. am sleeping
31---- I took a picture of you just now.
-----Really? I_______ with attention.
A. didn't look B. wasn't looking
C. am not looking D. haven't looked
32. -----How is the work?
------Every means _______ tried without much result.
A. has been B. have been
C. hasn't been D. haven't been
II． Fill in the blanks with proper forms of the verbs given
Yesterday morning Mary (1)_______(hear) that John (2)____________ (be) ill for a week. He (3) _________(be) in the hospital. Mary (4) ________ (go) to see him in the afternoon when the visiting hours (5)_________(begin). She found him in a nice room with another patient, an old man. John was happy to see her. He told her that he (6) __________(have) a high fever for a few days, but he (7) ____________(feel) much better then. He also told her that Tom (8)_____________( visit) him the day before. At that time the old man’s friends (9)___________(visit) him too. The room (10) __________（become）very crowded, so Mary (11) _____________(decide ) to leave. She was glad that John (10) __________ (enjoy) her visit.
1．-----I heard they went skating in the mountains last winter.
----It _________ true because there was little snow there.
A. may not be B. won't be C. couldn't be D. mustn't be
2. Naturally, after I told her what to do, my daughter _________ go and do the opposite!
A. may B. can C. must D. should
3. --The room is so dirty. ________ we clean it?
A. Will B. Shall C. Would D. Do
4. A left-luggage office is a place where bags _____ be left for a short time, especially at
a railway station.
A. should B. can C. must D. will .
5. How ____you say that you really understand the whole story if you have covered only part of the article?
A. can B. must C. need D. may
6. You might just as well tell the manufacturer that male customers ______ not like the design of the furniture.
A. must B. shall C. may D. need
7. ----- I'll tell Mary about her new job tomorrow.
------You________ her last week.
A. ought to tell B. would have told C. must tell D. should have told
8. I ________pay Tracy a visit, but I'm not sure whether I will have time this Sunday.
A. should B. might C. would D. could
9 ---1 don't mind telling you what I know.
----You__________ . I'm' not asking you for it.
A. mustn't B. may not C. can't D. needn't
10 -- Excuse me, but I want to use your computer to type a report.
---- You ________have my computer if you don't take care of
A. shan't B. might not C. needn't D. shouldn't
11.-----Excuse me. Is this the right way to the Summer Palace?
----Sorry, I am not sure, but it________ be.
A. might B. will C. must D. can
12.----Mum, I've been studying English since 8 o'clock.____ go out and play with Tom
for a while?
----No, I'm afraid not. Besides, it's raining outside now.
A. Can't B. Wouldn't C. May not D. Won't
13. I often see lights in that empty house. Do you think I ______report it to the police?
A. should B. may C. will D. can
14.---- Mr. White _______at 8: 30 for the meeting, but he didn't show up.
A. should have arrived B. should arrive
C. should have had arrived D. should be arriving
15.. You_______ be tired-----you've only been working for an hour.
A. must not B. won't C. can't D. may not
16. ---Never touch my computer while Pm away.
A. I shouldn’t B. I mustn't C. I won't D. I don't
17. ----We want someone to design the new art museum for us.
----_______ the young fellow have a try?
A. May B. Shall C. Will D. Need
18. -----Why hasn't Jane arrived yet?
---- She _______ again in the morning.
A. shouldn't have overslept B. may have turned off the alarm clock
C. must have no one to call her D. should have someone to wake her up
19. You ______him so closely; you kept your distance. A. shouldn't follow
A. shouldn’t follow B. mustn't follow
C. couldn't have been following D. shouldn't have been following
20. As teachers we should concern ourselves with what is said, not with what we think____.
A. ought to be said B. must say C. have to be said D. need to say
21. It seems as if the sun______ round the earth since it rises in the east and sets in the west.
A. circles B. is circling C. has been circling D. were circling
22. All the doctors in the hospital insisted that he _____badly wounded and that he ___at once.
A. Should be; be operated on B. were; must be operated on
C. was; should be operated D. was; be operated on
23. I advised that he _____ to the hospital at once, but he insisted that ,he ______quite well then.
A. be sent; was feeling B. was sent; felt
C. be sent; feel D. should be sent; should feel
24. English is a language that many young people around the world ____ not speak perfectly but _______at least understand.
A. may; can B. would; might C. will; must D. could; might
25. If you _____wait over there for a minute, Mr. Smith, I'll tell our manager you've arrived.
A. must B. should C. will D. can
26. We _______ for her because she never came.
A. needn't. wait B. mustn't have waited
C. shouldn't have waited D. can't have waited
27 . ------So you mean I have been too strict with you?
----Well, if I ________ say so.
A. must B. dare C. need D. may
28. I'm feeling much better now so you _____call the doctor.
A. mustn't B. can't C. needn't D. shouldn't
29. You must let us know when you're in France.
A. will B. must C. have to D. should.
30. It is not like Jack to be unfriendly, so he_________ you when you called.
A. can't have seen B. should not have seen
C. must not have seen D. need not have seen
II．Correct the errors：
1. The little girl dares not go out alone at night. _______
2. Mr Smith mustn’t be in the office because I saw him here just now. _______
3. "Will Liu mei open the window now?" "Yes, please." _________
4. . "Where is my pen?" "You can have lost it." _________
5. "Would you go to the hospital with me?" "No, I wouldn’t ." ________.
6. When he was young, he was used to get up early in the morning. _________
7. "May I come tomorrow? " "No, you needn’t ” __________
8. My pen has disappeared. Who may have taken it? _________
9. They started early that morning so that they should get there in time. _______
10. May the story be true? I hardly believe it. ________
1. I'm rather surprised you haven't reported him to your teacher. In my opinion, you____ this as soon as you found out he was cheating.
A. must have done B. might have done
C. could have done D. should have done
2. I lived with my sister this summer and didn't have to pay rent. So I ______save most of my salary.
A. could B. would C. was able to D. should
3..------ ________he come to see you?
------Of course, please. And I'd rather he ______me the truth.
A. Will; inform B. Shall ;told
C. Should; will say D. Can; spoke
4. You_______ this morning if you really wanted to see it yourself.
A. ought to come B. could come
C. ought to have come D. must have come
5. Research findings show that we spend about two hours dreaming every night, no matter what we ______ during the day.
A. should have done B. would have done
C. must have done D. may have done
6. I asked Miss Tones if I_________ close the window.
A. shall B. will C. would D. should
7.----_________the plane have taken off on time?
-----I'm afraid not. The fog was too thick then.
A. Can B. Need C. Must D. Should
8. It’s said that there are plenty of hotels in that town. There_____ be any difficulty for you to find somewhere to stay.
A. wouldn’t B. mustn’t C. shouldn’t D. needn’t
9. On Sundays when I was a child, Father and I ______ get up early and go fishing.
A. could B. would C. might D. should
10. We _______last night, but we went to the concert instead.
A. must have studied B. might study
C. should have studied D. would study
11. It's nearly seven o'clock. Jack ______ be here at any moment.
A. shall . B. need C. should D. can
12. You ________ scold such a pupil who always keeps silent so seriously. You _____hurt him.
A. should; can B. may; will . mustn't; may D. can't; must
13. ---- You may laugh, but I've been thinking of becoming a vegetarian ( 素食者) .
----Oh, you_______ be out of your mind. You will be hungry all the time.
A. must B. may C. will D. should
14. ----Tom came to work last Friday, but no one has seen him since.
----________ he have had an accident?
A. Should B. Must C. Might D. Could
15. ---Daddy, would you buy me an MP3 player if I do well in the first city-wide examination?
---- I _________, I promise.
A. would B shall C. will D. do
16. -----Mom's gift? She ________have chosen a better one for me.
------She ______be very happy to know it.
A. should; must B. might;_ wouldn't
C. couldn't; must D. mustn't; can't
17. ---- __________he have been chosen as captain of the football team?
A. Can; must have B. Must; must have
C. Can; must D. Must; must
18. You __________ use my bike on condition that you give it back to me before I leave here.
A. should B. must C. ought to D. shall
19. ------Look, John's fallen asleep.
-----Oh, he______ too late last night.
A. might sit up B. should have sat up
C. could sit up D. must have sat up
20. Don't be so anxious about that. Helen ______ a note.
A. may leave B. should leave
C. might have left D. can have left
21. Last year's SARS outbreak tells us that a sound public health system____be built up and strengthened in our country.
A. should B. can C. will D. may
22. Why didn't you make me a telephone call yesterday? I ______ about it.
A. ought to tell B. ought to have been told
C. might have told D. might have been told
23. ----Mum, I climbed to get the Teddy Bear from the top of the shelf.
-----My goodness ! You ______ yourself. You _____do that next time.
A. must have hurt; mustn't B. should have hurt; can't
C. may have hurt; mustn't D. might have hurt; won't be able to
24. ----What do you do?
-----I'm a pilot.
-- That ________ exciting.
A. would be B. must be C. might be D. can be
25.----What are you doing, John? Why stop?
-------To be on the safe side, we'd fill up the tank now for we _____ run out of gas on the way.
A. must B. will C. might D. should
26.-----Mum, it_____ fairly warm in Beijing now.
-----It _______ be cold sometimes in May.
A. should be; will B. is; shall
C. ought to be; can D. could be; ought to
27. --Could you possibly get me a new copy of Longman Dictionary?
-----There _________ be no problem. ,
A. could B. would C. might D. should
28. It _________ heavily when he got back home, for he was wet all over.
A. was raining B. must have been raining
C. must be raining D. rained
29. You _________pay too much attention to your English learning, as it is so important.
A. should B. must C. cannot D. needn't
30. My pain _______obvious the moment I walked into the room, for the first man I met asked pitifully: " Are you feeling all right?"
A. must be B. could be
C. must have been D. could have been
31.---______I speak to Mr. Smith?
------He _______ come to the phone right now. He is busy.
A. Can; won't B. Could; couldn't
C. May; can't D. Shall; may not
32. -----John walked straight into a wall.
-------He __________ where he was going.
A. can't have looked B. mustn't have looked
C. couldn't have been looking D. mightn't have been looking
II．Correct the errors：
1. He ought to not have done so even if possible. ___________.
2. I thought you may like something to read, so I have brought you some books. ______
3. Bring your raincoat along for it can rain this afternoon. _________
4. He promised that he would do everything he could help me . ___________
5. A rich man does not need worry about his next meal. _______
6. He was taken away by the police. He can have been mistaken for a thief. _______
7. Look what you have done. You must have been careful. _________.
8. You can’t drink it, it is poisonous. _________
9. What he suggested was that we must reexamine our plan. ________
10. You mustn’t take your umbrella. I’m sure it won’t rain. ________.
Key: 1-5 ADADC 6—10 BDACA 11—15 DACCC 16—20 BCADC
21—25 BCDAA 26—30 DCADD
1. have destroyed→have been destroyed ( or: were destroyed ) 2. held →being held 3. decided → has decided 4. took → had taken 5. played → had played 6. had worked → worked 7. haven’t been →hadn’t been 8. never saw → had never seen 9. played → play 10. had begun → began
Key: 1—5 DDCAA 6—10 ADCCA 11—15 BBBAC 16—20 AAABB
21—25 ACCDD 26—30 ADACB
Key: 1. was, had taught 2. happened , led to 3. has been reduced 4. laid
5. would come true 6. is permitted
Key: 1—5 ABDCD 6—10 CADAC 11—15 CBACB 16—20 DACA B
21—25 ADBDC 26—30 BCCCD
Key: 1. was connected ) 2. has been attended 3. had run 4. dialed 5. asked 6. had forgiven 7. was/is supposed 8. have seen 9. was laid / had been laid 10. were
11. saw, jumped 12. was mentioned 13. cost
Key: 1—5 CDCCD 6—10 DADDD 11—15 CCCAD 16—20 CBCBA
21—25 CDBDC 26—30 CADBD 31-32 BA
Key: (1) heard (2) had been (3) was (4 ) went (5) began (6) had had (7) was feeling
( 8) had visited (9) were visiting (10) became (11) decided (12) enjoyed
Key: 1-5 CCBBA 6—10 CDADA 11—15 AAAAC 16—20 CBBDA
21—25 DDAAC 26—30 CDCAA
Key: 1. dares→dare 2. mustn’t → can’t 3. Will → Shall 4. can →must / may
5. wouldn’t →won’t 6. was 去掉 7. needn’t → mustn’t 8. may →can
9. should → could / might 10. May → Can
Key: 1-5 DCBCD 6—10 DACBC 11—15 CCADC 16—20 CADDC
21—25 ABCBC 26—30 CDBCC 31-32 CC
Key: 1. to not →not to 2. may → might 3. can → may 4. could →could to
5. need →need to 6. can →must 7. must → should 8. can’t →mustn’t
9. must → should 10. mustn’t → needn’t
|the phrases for the senior…
Test for Unit 13&14, Senio…
|| 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 联系站长 | 友情链接 | 版权申明 | 管理登录 ||