|您现在的位置： 福建师大附中 >> 外语组 >> 教学资源库 >> 语法教学 >> 正文test||用户登录 新用户注册|
|作者：吴雨辉 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2006-7-12|
l ever & never 的用法，是英语学习中的一个难点。请用这两个词填空：
1. I_________ saw him after that.
2. I waited for him but he ________ turned up.
3. Have you_______ visited the Great Wall?
4. He is the most humorous actor that I have______ seen.
5. What ______ do you want me to do?
6. This was the worst movie that he had_______ seen.
7. I have _______ drunk better beer.
8. ---Bring a knife to class tomorrow. --- What _______ for?
9. More people are waiting to see a hospital doctor than _____before as lists for inpatient and day-case treatment reach 112,537, the highest figure on record.
10. If______ there was the right person in the right job, it was me.
11. Neither of us has ______ said hello to each other.
12. He was by himself, alone, as_______.
13. I like him______ so much.
14. This is in ______ such good condition.
15. You can ______ do things better than you make the bed.
1. He often works________ into the night, which moves us________.
A. deep; deep B. deeply; deeply C. deep; deeply D. deeply; deep
2. It was raining heavily. Little Mary felt cold, so she stood ________ to her mother.
A. close B. closely C. closed D. closing
3. He'd like to sleep with the window ＿＿＿＿ at night.
A. open wide B. open widely C. wide open D. opened wide
4. When you drive home, you can't be __________ careful.
A. very B. too C. so D. only
5. In that case, there is nothing you can do ______ than wait.
A. more B. other C. better D. any
6. Such a problem is_________ difficult for a primary school student __________.
A. so; to work B. very too; to work out
C. rather too; to work out D. quite too; to answer
7. I've got ＿＿＿＿＿＿work to do on a ___________ cold day.
A. much too； much too B. too much； too much
C. too much； much too D. much too； too much
8. The boy was _________eager to get a geography book.
A. more B. too C. much D. far
9. ___________ to my regret, I am unable to accept your warm invitation.
A. Very B. Much C. Great D. A lot
10. There was no news; _________ , she did not give up hope.
A. moreover B. therefore C. but D. nevertheless
11. The guide told us that he would organize some business men abroad ________ next week.
A. some time B. sometime C. some times D. sometimes
12. --Is the bus stop far from here? -- It's a quarter's walk, __________.
A. more and more B. and so on C. all together D. more or less
13. Qingdao is _______________ beautiful city in summer.
A. most B. a most C. the most D. much
14. If we work with a strong will, we can overcome any difficulty, _______ great it is.
A. what B. how C. however D. whatever
15. Wei Hua told me that Wu Dong was _____________ ill.
A. terrible B. very terrible C. terribly D. too terrible
16. What a wonder! They've finished______30% of the task within one week.
A. no more than B. no less than C. not more than D. much less than
17. I must be fat---I can _____ do my trousers up.
A. hardly B. fairly C. nearly D. seldom
18. My parents will move back into town in a year or ______.
A． later B． after C． so D． about
19. -Have you been to New Zealand? -No, I'd like to, ________.
A. two B. though C. yet D. either
20. In recent years travel companies have succeeded in selling us the idea that the further we go, __________________.
A. our holiday will be better B. our holiday will be the better
C. the better will our holiday be D. the better our holiday will be
21. I think your sister is old enough to know _________ to go alone on such a night.
A. other than B. more than C. rather than D. better than
22. "Have you replied to those letters?" "No, ________ time to do my other work yet."
A. I have had hardly B. I have hardly had
C. I hardly have had D. Hardly I have had
23. Those young students were _______ tired, because they had been working for eight hours.
A. not a bit B. hardly C. not a little D. nearly
24. He knows little of maths, and ________ of chemistry.
A. no less B. even more C. still less D. still least
25. We have saved some money, but it's not __________ enough to buy a new house.
A. entirely B. nearly C. almost D. completely
26. The racers are ____ old people in their sixties.
A. most B. mostly C. almost D. at most
27. __________ of the Americans use their cars ___________ for their job.
A. Mostly; most B. Mostly; mostly C. Most; most D. Most; mostly
28. At the age of fourteen I had never even been on a train, ______________ an aircraft.
A. not so much B. not so little C. no more D. much less
29. -Mum, I think I'm ______to get back to school.
-Not really, my dear. You'd better stay at home for another day or two.
A. too well B. so good C. well enough D. good enough
30. Bruce is a _________ good player, but John is a ________ bad one.
A. fairly; rather B. fairly; fairly C. rather; rather D. rather; fairly
1. "Is the flower beautiful?" "Yes. At least it's _________ the one I bought yesterday.
A. no better than B. no worse than C. as bad as D. not better than
2. -We walked twenty miles today.
-I never guessed you could have walked ________far.
A. as B. this C. that D. such
3. Nuclear science should be developed to benefit the people _________ harm them.
A. more than B. other than C. rather than D. better than
4. ________ little children made__________ many toys!
A. Such; so B. So; such C. So; so D. Such; such
5. The great success of this program has been ______ due to the support given by the local businessmen.
A. rather B. very C. quickly D. largely
6. As far as I am concerned, education is about learning and the more you learn, ______.
A. the more for life are you equipped
B. the more equipped for life you are
C. the more life you are equipped for
D. you are equipped the more for life
7. The house rent is expensive. I've got about half the space I had at home and I'm paying ______ here.
A. as three times much B. as much three times
C. much as three times D. three times as much
8. ______, some famous scientists have the qualities of being both careful and careless.
A. Strangely enough B. Enough strangely C. Strange enough D. Enough strange
9. Mr. Smith used to smoke ______ but he has given it up.
A. seriously B. heavily C. badly D. hardly
10. I don't mind picking up your things from the store. ______, the walk will do me good.
A. Sooner or later B. Still C. In time D. Besides
11. The husband gave his wife ______ every month in order to please her.
A. all half his income B. has half all income
C. half his all income D. all his half income
12. We don't visit Tom ______________.
A. as many as we used to B. as many as we were used to
C. as much as we used to D. as much as we were used to
13. He was so strong that he felt _________ tired after the long walk.
A. a bit B. a little C. not a little D. not a bit
14. The stocking are so wore out that they can't be mended ____________.
A. no longer B. no more C. any longer D. any more
15. _____________ after he took office, the Southern States rebelled.
A. Short B. Shortly C. Shorter D. Shortest
16. He speaks English well indeed, but of course not _______ a native speaker.
A. as fluent as B. more fluent than C. so fluently as D. much fluently than
17. -He is ____________a brave man.
- We can't admire his courage _________.
A. actually; very much B. indeed; too a lot
C. really; too much D. truly; a bit
18. Judging by the look on his face, he didn't think _______ of our plan.
A. well B. good C. nice D. high
19. His car runs ______, if not faster than, a race car.
A. so fast B. so fast as C. as fast D. as fast as
20. Of all the novels here I like this one______. It's not interesting at all.
A. least B. most C. best D. worst
21. The boy always gets to class at 8 o'clock ______in the morning.
A. right B. just C. sharp D. sharply
22. I've already told you that I'm going to buy it, ____________
A. however much it costs B. however does it costs much
C. how much does it cost D. no matter how it costs
23. The ability to store knowledge makes computers different from every other machine _ _______ invented.
A. ever B. thus C. yet D. still
24. These goods are _____ for export, though a few of them may be sold on the home market.
A. essentially B. completely C. necessarily D. remarkably
25. -You don't see the professor from Singapore quite often, do you?
- No, we only meet ___________.
A. eventually B. constantly C. occasionally D. frequently
Correct the following sentences
1. He was sitting in a corner, silently.
2. Well, how could I afford so an expensive car.
3. The bus stop is two miles far from here.
4. A dead silence filled the class.
5. He said nearly nothing worth listening to.
6. He came straight home from school.
7. Mr. White got such little money a month that he could hardly keep body and soul together.
8. It's raining more hardly than ever.
9. I have nothing farther to say.
10. We decided not to climb the mountain because it was raining hardly.
1. I don't think I'll need any money but I'll bring some ____________.
A. as last B. in case C. once again D. in time
2. The WTO can't live up to its name _________ it doesn't include a country that is home to one fifth of mankind.
A. as long as B. while C. if D. even though
3. ________________________，mother will wait for him to have dinner together．
A．However 1ate is he B．However he is late
C．However is he late D．However late he is
4. _______________ I accept that he is not perfect, I do actually like the person.
A. While B. Since C. Before D. Unless
5. I won't forgive her unless she______________.
A．will apologize B．apologized C．would apologize D．apologizes
6. The earth goes around the sun ___________the moon goes around earth．
A．so that B．just like C．just as D．as how
7. It is almost fie years __________ we saw each other last time.
A. before B. since C. after D. when
8. -Remember to give my letter to Lucy.
-OK. I will give it to her _____________ I see her.
A. suddenly B. if only C. the moment D. while
9. _________________, I have never seen anyone who's as capable as John.
A. As long as I have traveled B. Now that I have traveled so much
C. Much as I have traveled D. As I have traveled so much
10. He transplanted the little tree to the garden ____ it was the best time for it.
A. where B. when C. that D. until
11. ________I know the money is safe, I shall not worry about it.
A. Even though B. Unless C. As long as D. While
12. -Was his father very strict with him when he was at school?
-Yes. He had never praised him ________ he became one of the top students in his grade.
A. after B. unless C. until D. when
13. ________ you've got a chance, you might as well make full use of it.
A. Now that B. After C. Although D. As soon as
14. It was an exciting moment for these football fans this year, _________ for the first time in years their team won the World Cup.
A. that B. while C. which D. when
15. It was ________ done _______ Marry jumped up with joy.
A. so beautifully; that B. such beautiful; that
C. such beautiful; as D. so beautifully; as
16. It is generally believed that teaching is _____ it is a science.
A. an art much as B. much an art as
C. as an art much as D. as much an art as
17. You'll surly make progress _______ you work with a strong will.
A. unless B. until C. as long as D. as well as
18. He said we should finish the work today, and this is __________ I disagree.
A. why B. where C. what D. how
19. Can you tell me ________ you would like to have your coffee - black or white?
A. where B. which C. what D. how
20. To our surprise, Gary was behaving ____________ nothing had happened.
A. as though B. even if C. that if D. even though
21. Allow children the space to voice their questions, ____ they are different from your own.
A. until B. even if C. unless D. as though
22. He got to the station early, ______________ missing his train.
A. in case of B. instead of C. for fear of D. in search of
23. You can eat food free in my restaurant ________ you like.
A. whenever B. wherever C. whatever D. however
24. I do every single bit of housework _____ my husband just does the dishes now and then.
A. since B. when C. as D. while
25. ____ they visited the Science Museum, they showed great interest in everything they saw.
A. The first time B. For the first time C. First time D. At the first time
26. It won't be long _________ you regret what you've done.
A. after B. before C. since D. when
27. Not that John doesn't want to help you, ________ it's beyond his power.
A. for that B. but that C. and that D. in that
28. _________ enough time, but I couldn't do it better.
A. Given B. To be given C. I was given D. Though I was given
29. It shames me to say it, but I told a lie when _____ at the meeting by my boss.
A. questioning B. having questioned C. questioned D. to be questioned
30. I would appreciate it ______ you call back this afternoon for the doctor's appointment.
A. until B. if C. when D. that
1. He went_______(straight; straightly) to the post office to deliver the package.
2. She became_________(friend; friendly) with a lot of businessmen.
3. He never felt more_____ (alone; lonely) when he opened his eyes that cold morning.
4. He was the most________(high; highly) paid member of staff.
5. How______(fastly; fast) were you driving?
6. When he went upstairs five minutes later, she was_______(fast; quickly) asleep.
1. When you read the book，you'd better make a mark __________you have any questions.
A．at which B．at where C．the place where D．where
2. __________the days went on，the weather got worse.
A．With B．Since C．While D．As
3. _____________ ，it was finished on time．
A．As was the work difficult B．Difficult as was the work
C．Difficult as the work was D．As the work was difficult
4. It was evening ___________ we reached the little town.
A. that B. until C. since D. before
5. ____got into the room ____ the telephone rang．
A． He hardly had; then B． Hardly had he; when
C． He had not; than D． Not had he; when
6. John shut everybody out of the kitchen ___he could prepare his grand surprise for the party.
A. which B. when C. so that D. as if
7. -How far apart do they live？
-________ I know, they live in the same neighborhood.
A. As long as B. As far as C. As well as D. As often as
8. -Dad, I have finished my assignment.
-Good, and _________ you play or watch TV, you mustn't disturb me.
A. whenever B. whether C. whatever D. no matter
9. I think you should complain - ______, of course, you are happy with the way things are.
A. unless B. until C. if D. or
10. ___________ there was no conclusive evidence, most people thought he was guilty.
A. When B. While C. If D. Until
11. The man we followed suddenly stopped and looked as if _____ whether he was going in the right direction.
A. to see B. seeing C. seen D. saw
12. When _____, the museum will be open to the public next year.
A. completed B. completing C. being completed D. to be completed
13. -I can't find Mr. Brown. Where did you meet him this morning?
-It was in the hotel ___________ he stayed.
A. that B. which C. where D. when
14. You may be allowed to watch TV __________ you ________ your homework.
A. even if; finish B. on condition that; have finish
C. in case; finish D. in order that; will finish
15. Simon thought his computer was broken ________ his little brother pointed out that he had forgotten to turn it on.
A. until B. unless C. after D. because
16. The secretary made a note of it ______ she should forget.
A. in order that B. in case C. So that D. for fear of
17. It is often said that an American starts a speech with a joke, _______ a Japanese has an apology to make.
A. which B. what C. while D. that
18. _______ you begin the work , you must carry it out through to the end.
A. When B. Though C. Sometimes D. Once
19. I wonder if he ______ us, and I think if he ______ us we'll be able to complete the task ahead of time.
A. helps, helps B. will help, helps C. helps, will help D. will help, will help
20. It was ___________he was ill that he was absent yesterday．
A．now that B．since C．as D．because
21. ______ it is raining, we had better take a taxi.
A. For B. As C. Because of D. When
22. "Why can't you do it now?" "______ I'm too busy."
A. Since B. As C. Because D. For
23. He must have passed this way, ______ here are his footprints.
A. since B. because of C. now that D. for
24. ______ the rain has stopped, let's start again.
A. Now that B. Because C. For D. when
25. The day breaks, _________ the birds are singing.
A. because B. since C. for D. as
26. _________everybody is here，let's begin our meeting．
A．When B．For C．Because D．Since
27. He started early so that he ______ there in time.
A. could get B. got C. had got D. would have got
28. I had just started back for the house to change my clothes _____ I heard the voices.
A. as B. after C. while D. when
29. The class went on with the story _____ they had left it before the holiday.
A. in which B. which C. where D. when
30. The company has a free long-distance telephone number _____ customers may call with any questions they have about its products.
A. although B. so that C. even if D. as
1. 他跑得比我快。He runs faster ____________________.
2. 他比你年纪大。He is older than________________
However rich_____________, people seem anxious ________________________.
Patient ___________________, he had no intention of ______________________.
This is the highest mountain that I____________________________________.
1. We'll carry the reform to the end ______ happens.
A. no matter B. whatever C. what D. no matter which
2. Please put back the books ___________you took them．
A. where B. in which C. which D. there
3. I was about to go to bed ___________there was a knock at the door．
A. while B. when C. as D. suddenly
4. _______________ again and again，but he didn't tell me the truth．
A. Having been asked B. Being asked
C. He had been asked D. Though he was asked
5. Time passed quickly and three weeks went by _______ we knew it.
A. after B. when C. till D. before
6. I had worked here ______ you came here. But I shall leave for England ______.
A. before long, before long B. before long; long before
C. long before, before long D. long before; long before
7. Though he is in his sixties, ______ he works as hard as a young man
A. yet B. but C. and D. and yet
8. Beijing is larger than ________ city in Africa
A. any B. other C. each D. any other
9. We must hurry up ________ catch the last train.
A. that B. so that to C. in order that D. in order to
10. __________ the Internet is bridging the distance between people, it may also be breaking some homes or will cause other family problems.
A. When B. If C. As D. While
11. English and French are taught here. You can choose ________ you like.
A. no matter which B. whichever C. which D. whatever
12. ________ you talk to someone or write a message，you show your skills to others.
A. At times B. Some time C. Every time D. By the time
13. ________ comes back first is supposed to win the prize.
A. No matter who B. Those who C. Anyone D. Whoever
14. ______ you are, you must obey the law.
A. Anyone who B. No matter whom C. Whoever D. Whatever
15. Why do you want to find a new job ________ you've got such a good one already?
A. that B. where C. which D. when
16. He got excited at the news，________ I was calm.
A. when B. while C. because D. after
17. ________ they heard the shout for help，they rushed out.
A. Immediately B. The moment C. As soon as D. All the above
18. His speech made _____ deep impression on the audience that they could hardly forget it.
A. such a B. so a C. so D. such
19. It is ______ all of us can do it.
A. so easy exercise that B. such easy an exercise
C. such easy exercise D. so easy an exercise that
20. ______ we fail, we ______ trying.
A. Even if, don't stop B. Even though, won't stop
C. Even, will not stop D. Even although, shall never stop
21. ______ there is a will, there is a way.
A. When B. Where C. Whether D. How
22. We were just ____________ calling you up ________you came in.
A. about; when B. on the point of; while
C. on the point of; when D. on the point of; as
23. -He was nearly killed by a car once.
- Oh, when was ______exactly?
-It was in 2000 ________ he was ridding a bike on the drive-way.
A. this; that B. that; when C. that; that D. this; when
24. Someone called me up in the middle of the night, but they hung up ______ I could answer the phone.
A. as B. since C. before D. until
25. He always talks _____ he had been to outer space.
A. even though B. like C. because of D. as though
26. __________with the size of the whole earth, the biggest ocean does not seem big at all.
A. Compare B. When comparing C. Comparing D. When compared
27. A good storyteller must be able to hold his listeners' curiosity _____ he reaches the end of
A. until B. unless C. after D. when
28. The vase on the left is____ than the one on the right, and not _______.
A. more nicer；so expensive B. much more better；as expensive
C. nicer；as expensive D. better；such expensive
29. __ had the bell rung _______ the students took their seats.
A. No sooner; then B. No sooner；when C. Hardly；than D. Hardly; when
30. Will you go _____our motherland needs us most after graduation?
A. that B. where C. in which D. to the place which
1. He stood there. He stood where he could be easily picked out.
2. He looked at me suspiciously. He looked at me as if I were dangerous.
3. I’ll go immediately. Immediately the rain stops, we’ll set out.
4. He left home at 6. He left home when it is 6.
5. They are here at home now. They are where you want them to be.
1. Hardly had he arrived in Hong Kong ________ she rang me up.
A. when B. than C. that D. and
2. Jack and Jim had to wait two more weeks ____________the manager came back．
A. before B. until C. unless D. when
3. ___________you want me to fire you，I suggest you stop wearing sports clothes at office．
A. If B. Since C. Unless D. Until
4. ___________, Carolina couldn't get the door open.
A. Try as she might B. As she might try
C. She might as try D. Might she as try
5. - Don't look down upon Bob. He has his own advantages.
- Oh, yes. ________ others are weak, he is strong.
A. When B. If C. Where D. Though
6. You should make it a rule to leave things _________ you can find them again
A. when B. where C. then D. there
7. We'll have to finish the job _______________.
A. however long takes it B. it takes however long
C. long however it takes D. however long it takes
8. The roof fell _____ he had time to dash into the room to save his baby.
A. before B. as C. after D. until
9. He was ______ weak ______ he couldn't stand up.
A. such, that B. so, as to C. very, that D. so, that
10. I was reading a novel ______ he was watching TV.
A. when B. while C. before D. as
11. Was it five o'clock __________ he arrived?
A. where B. that C. when D. while
12. - __________ a second time, will the man have one more try?
- I'm sure he will.
A. Turn down B. If turning down C. To turn down D. If turned down
13. It was _____ that they planned to have a picnic.
A. such fine weather B. so fine a weather
C. such a fine weather as D. such a fine weather
14. Don't be afraid of asking for help ______ it is needed.
A. unless B. since C. although D. when
15. Generally speaking, ______ according to the directions, the drug has no side effect.
A. when taking B. when to take C. when taken D. when to be taken
16. He __ you more help even though he was very busy.
A. might have given B. might give C. may have given D. may give
17. _______to do the work, I should do it some other way.
A. If were I B. I were C. Were I D. Was I
18. The research is so designed that once _____ nothing can be done to change it.
A. begins B. having begun C. beginning D. begun
19. Do you know if _____ back next week? If he _____ back, please let me know.
A. he comes, will come B. will he come, comes
C. he will come, comes D. will he come, will come
20. I often visited the British Museum _______ I was staying in London.
A. while B. since C. during D. throughout
l Correct the following sentences.
1. Scarcely I had entered the room when I heard a loud noise.
2. With the weather gets colder and colder, some birds will fly to the south to spend the freezing winter.
3. Till you told me I had no idea of it.
4. I'll buy a computer if it necessary.
5. While the clock struck twelve, all the lights went out.
6. As she is smart, she studies hard.
7. See that the weather is bad, we'll stay at home.
8. Do like I told you, or you'll be fired.
9. He is willing to help no matter who is in trouble.
10. It is five years since I lived in Nanchang. "自从我住在南昌以来已经5年了。"
1. This kind of plant grows well at the places ________there is very dry.
2. This kind of plant grows well ________ there is very dry.
3. I have the same book ________ you have.
4. It is so beautiful a place ________ everybody want to visit.
5. Such people ________ you described are rare nowadays.
6. She is such a kind girl ________ all of us like to make friends with her.
7. It is so big a stone ________ no one can lift it.
8. I will never forget the day ______ I met Mr. Liu.
9. _________ spring came, he felt like a trip.
1 never 2 never 3 ever 4 ever 5 ever 6 ever 7 never 8 ever 9 ever 10 ever 11 ever 12 ever 13 ever 14 ever 15 never
1~5 CACBB 6~10 CCBBD 11~15 BDBCC 16~20 BACBD 21~25 DBCCB 26~30 BDDCA
1~5 BCCAD 6~10 BDABD 11~15 ACDDB 16~20 CCADA 21~25 CAAAC
6. straightly→ straight
8. more hardly→ harder
9. farther→ further
1~5 BCDAD 6~10 CBCCB 11~15 CCADA 16~20 DCBDA 21~25 BCADA
1 straight 2 friendly 3 lonely 4 highly 5 fast 6 fast
1~5 DDCDB 6~10 CBBAB 11~15 AACBA 16~20 BCDBD 21~25 BCDAC
1 than me/ I do 2 than you (are) 3 they are 4 as he was, waiting for 3 hours 5 have ever climbed
1~5 BABCD 6~10 CAADD 11~15 BCDCD 16~20 BDADB 21~25 BCBCD
1~5 AACAC 6~10 BDADB 11~15 CDA DC 16~20 ACDCA
1. I had → had I
2. With → As
3. Till→ Until
4. 去掉 it
5. While → When
6. As → Thouth/Although
8. like →as
9. no matter who→whoever
It is five years since I began to live in Nanchang. (自从我住在南昌以来已经5年了。)
1. where 定语从句2. where 地点状语从句
3~5 as 定语从句 6~7 that 结果状语从句
8. when 定语从句9. when 时间状语从句
|the phrases for the senior…
Test for Unit 13&14, Senio…
|| 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 联系站长 | 友情链接 | 版权申明 | 管理登录 ||