|您现在的位置： 福建师大附中 >> 外语组 >> 教学资源库 >> 最新试卷 >> 正文test||用户登录 新用户注册|
|作者：佚名 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2006-7-12|
第一节 (共5个小题; 每小题0.5 分, 满分2.5分)
1. What does the woman think of the talk?
A. Wonderful.. B. Uninteresting. C. Full of facts.
2. What can we learn from the conversation?
A. The man is very busy at the moment.. B. The man will fly to Moscow tomorrow.
C. The man doesn’t want to fly to Moscow tomorrow.
3. What is the man most likely to be?
A. A lawyer. B. A professor. C. A student.
4. Where is the conversation probably taking place?
A. In a long line. B. In a post office. C. In a book shop.
5. Which of the following statements is true according to this conversation?
A. The man hates scientists. B. The man is in good health.
C. The man seldom has pleasant dreams.
第二节 (共15 小题, 每小题0.5分，满分7.5 分)
6. Where will the dinner party be held?
A. At Helen’s. B. At Paul’s. C. At Brown’s.
7. Why can’t Helen go to the party?
A. Because she is ill. B. Because she has to study. C. Because she doesn’t like parties.
8. How did the man travel?
A. By air. B. By train. C. By ship.
9. What can we learn from this conversation?
A. The man was a friend of the manager. B. Cindy was the wife of the manager.
C. It was the first time that Mr. Brown had seen Cindy.
10. What is the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A. Sister and brother. B. Teacher and student. C. Husband and wife.
11. What does “kids” mean according to this conversation?
A. Boys. B. Children. C. Girls.
12. How many people are there in the house at the moment?
A. Three. B. Five. C. Six.
13. Where did the conversation take place?
A. In a shop. B. In a market. C. In a factory.
14. What color paint did the woman want?
A. Dark blue. B. Light blue. C. Sky blue..
15. How much was the paint?
A. Twenty dollars. B. Thirty dollars. C. Forty dollars.
16. Until when was the man going to work?
A. Until seven o’clock.. B. Until eight o’clock. C. Until nine o’clock.
17. When did Joe Jones begin to work?
A. 1931. B.1948. …… C. 1979.
18. What dream did Joe Jones have when he was a boy?
A. Becoming a doctor. B. Becoming a worker. C. Becoming a master.
19. Where did Joe Jones study computer math?
A. In the Community College of Philadelphia.
B. In the high school.
C. In the University of Pennsylvania.
20. How old was Joe Jones when he completed the work on his master’s degree?
At 17 B. At 55 C. At 56
1._____ 2. _____ 3. ______ 4. _____ 5. _____ 6. _____ 7. _____ 8. _____
9. _____ 10 _____11. _____12. _____13. _____14. _____15. _____16. _____
17. _____18. _____19. _____20. ____
IV. 短文改错 10%
I have a good friend who’s name is Liu Mei. She is our 1. ___________
monitor and one of the excellent students in our class. 2. ___________
Clever as she is, but she works very hard. We have a 3. ___________
lot on common and have a lot to talk about. One evening she 4. ___________
told me that something happened when her parents was out. 5. ___________
She was doing her homeworks one Sunday morning when 6. ___________
she smelt something burning. She stopped look out 7. ___________
of the window and find a cloud of smoke coming out 8. ___________
of her neighbor’s house. She called 119 immediate. Ten 9. ___________
minutes later, the firemen came and put out fire. Her neighbor 10. __________
was very thankful for her help
21. --- Is your father _______?
--- Yes. Thank you.
A. any better B. very better C. some better D. fairly better
22. First I thought he was a teacher. But finally I knew he ________ to be a policeman.
A. turned out B. turned in C. turned up D. turned down
23. The film reminded him ______ what he had seen in China.
A. for B. of C. with D. in
24. She thought I was talking about her daughter, ____ in fact, I was talking about my daughter.
A. who B. where C. which D. while
25. --- Who’s the girl ____ in red?
--- She is my sister.
A. dressed B. dressing C. wearing D. putting on
26. The young man ____ on the back with his eyes half-closed.
A. lain B. laid C. lied D. lay
27. When he came to, he found himself_____ to a tree, with his mouth filled with a towel.
A. to tie B. tying C. being tied D. tied
28. I guess no human being could have passed ____ childhood.
A. a happy B. a happier C. the happier D. the happiest
29. In the evenings we smoked and talked and never dreamed _____ out except for exercise.
A. to go B. to going C. going D. of going
30. I only know it is a ___distance away from here, but I don’t know ___the distance exactly is.
A. good; what B. good; how far C. far; what D. far; how far
31. After I have enough spare time ,I shall take a long sea _____.
A. journey B. trip C. voyage D. travel
32. Suddenly there came a cry for help from the river, which attracted his ______
A. care B. concern C. eye D. attention
33. His father sent him to Paris to study law , but ___ he developed his love for the theater
A. besides B. moreover C. therefore D. instead
34. The moment she came back from work, she ___ to clean the kitchen thoroughly.
A. set about B. set out C. set off D. set up
35. This problem is not so difficult as we expected. It is believed ____ in a few days.
A. settling B. being settled C .to be settled D. to have settled
When I joined a private football league a few yeas ago, the sport meant everything to me. My coach(教练)said that I had lots of potential (潜力), and I became captain of my 36 . That was before all the fun was taken out of 37 .
At first, everyone on the team got 38 playing time. Then the team moved up to the top division after winning all its games, and the 39 started. Some parents, who had paid the coach extra so their daughters could have 40 one-on-one training, got angry when she didn’t give them more playing time in our 41 . The coach was replaced.
The new coach, however, took all the fun out of the game. All we did during practice was 42 . I always wished to God that it would rain so we would not have the 43 . Of course, all teams run drills; they are 44 . But we ran so much that, afterwards, we had trouble 45 .Younger people shouldn’t be doing exercises 46 for 18-year-olds.
I was very thin 47 I started football, but as a member of this team I wouldn’t eat much, because I was afraid of being too 48 to run . I feared making mistakes, and the added pressure caused me to make more than my usual 49 .
Is all this pressure necessary? I 50 up leaving the football team. Four other girls did the same, and two of them stopped playing football completely. That’s 51, because they had so much potential. They were just burned-out with all the pressure they 52 from the coach or their parents.
I continued playing football at school and 53 my love for it. I joined a private team coached by my school coach. When I started playing 54 him, he told me I needed to relax because I looked nervous . After I 55 down, I played better. When you enjoy something, it’s a lot easier to do it well.
36. A. class B. club C. team D. board
37. A. playing B. living C. learning D. working
38. A. great B. equal C. right D. extra
39. A. business B. struggle C. attempt D. pressure
40. A. free B. private C. good D. basic
41. A. matches B. courses C. lessons D. programs
42. A. jump B. play C. run D. shoot
43. A. duty B. meeting C. operation D. training
44. A. necessary B. boring C. scientific D. practical
45. A. speaking B. moving C. sleeping D. breathing
46. A. used B. intended C. make D. described
47. A. till B. since C. before D. because
48. A. full B. tired C. lazy D. big
49. A. size B. share C. space D. state
50. A. gave B. kept C. ended D. picked
51. A. sad B. shameful C. silly D. serious
52. A. received B. suffered C. brought D. felt
53. A. reconsidered B. rediscovered C. re-formed D. replaced
54. A. at B. by C. for D. around
55. A. fell B. stepped C. slowed D. calmed
“The pen is more powerful than the sword.” There have been many writers who used their pens to fight thing that were wrong. Mrs. Harriet Beecher Stowe was one of them.
She was born in the U.S.A. in 1811. One of her books not only made her famous but has been described as one that excited the world, and was helpful in causing a civil and freeing the enslaved race. The civil war was the American Civil War of 1861, in which the Northern States fought the Southern States and finally won.
This book that shook the world was called Uncle Tom’s Cabin. There was time when every English-speaking man, woman a, and child has read this novel that did so much to stop slavery. Not many people read it today, but it is still very interesting. The book has shown us how a warm-- hearted writer can arouse(唤起) people’s sympathies（同情）. The author herself had neither been to the Southern States nor been a slave. The Southern Americans were very angry at the book, which they said did not at all represent(描述) true state of affairs, but the Northern Americans were wildly excited over it and were so inspired by it that they were ready to go to war to set the slaves free.
56. According to the passage _______.
A. every English- speaking person has read Uncle Tom’s Cabin
B. Uncle Tom’s cabin was not very interesting
C. those who don’t speak English cannot have read Uncle Tom’s Cabin
D. the book Uncle Tom’s Cabin did a great deal in the American Civil War
57.How old was Mrs. Harriet Beecher Stowe when her world famous book was published?
A. About sixty years old B. Over fifty years old
C. In her forties D. Around twenty years old
58. What do you learn about Mrs. Harriet Beecher Stowe from the passage?
A. She had been living in the north of America before the American Civil War broke out.
B. She herself encouraged the Northern Americans to go to war to set the slaves free.
C. She was better as writing as swinging (挥舞)a sword.
D. She had once been a slave.
59. Why could Mrs. Harriet Beecher Stowe’s book cause a civil war in America?
A. She wrote so well that Americans loved her very much.
B. She disclosed the terrible wrongs done to the slaves in the Southern States.
C. The Southern Americans hated the book while the Northern Americans like it.
D. The book had been read by many Americans.
60. What can we learn from the passage?
A. We needn’t use weapons (武器)to fight things that are wrong.
B. A writer is more helpful in a war than a soldier.
C. We must understand the importance of literature （文学）and art.
D. No war can be won without such a book as Uncle Tom’s Cabin.
Captain James Cook was a great explorer. Before he started exploring, maps of the Pacific Ocean were almost empty. He visited hundreds of islands and put them in the correct places on the map. He make map of the coastlines of Australia and New Zealand. James Cook was born in England in 1728. His parents were poor farm workers. When James was 18, he found a job on a coastal ship. He fought in Canada in a war against France, and he mapped some of the eastern coasts of Canada. In 1768 King George III made him captain of a ship and sent him to the Pacific. He was gone for nearly three years. When he returned, he was a national hero.
He started his third voyage in 1776. On this trip he was the first European to visit Hawaii. Then he mapped the eastern coast of North America. After that, he retuned to Hawaii. There was some trouble between the Hawaiians and the white men and they started fighting. Captain Cook was killed. The Hawaiians were very sorry for the wrong fighting.
61. In which order did James Cook do the following things? _____.
a. Fought against France
b. Made maps of some of the eastern coast of Canada
c. Mapped the coastlines of Australia and New and New Zealand
d. Mapped the west coast of North America
e. Was made the captain of a ship
f. Worked on a coastal ship
A. f, a, c, b, e, d B. f, a, b, e, d, c
C. f, a, b, e, c, d D. a, b, e, c, f, d
62. He started exploring when _______.
A. he worked on a coastal ship
B. he was 27 years old
C. he was sent to the Pacific
D. he served in the navy
63. Which of the following is NOT true?
A. He made maps of the Pacific Ocean.
B. He went on three long and important voyages in his life.
C. He was the first Englishman to reach Hawaii.
D. He was respected gabby his people
64. He was considered a national hero because of _______.
A. his experience in Canada
B. his being the first European to visit Hawaii
C. his heroic death
D. his devotion to his exploring
1. Jules Verne laid the _______(基础) of modern science fiction.
2. She thought she got a _________ (固定的)job, but now she has been fired again.
3. An eclipse of the moon （月蚀） is a rare p _________ (现象)
4. She _______ (犹豫) a long time at the gate, wondering if she should knock at the door.
5.The room where the party was planned to be held was decorated with _________ (气球) of different colors.
6. Mothers are always g______ with their children
7. He was killed in a car c____________
8. I studied maths and physics and the works of many b________ scientists
9. Many old people have a strong b______ in Buddha.
10. You should not look down on people who do physical l__________
1. It was nine o’clock in the evening that we arrived at lonely village.
2. How to finish so much work in such a little time was still remained a problem.
3. The new evidence will throw light at the crime.
4. We didn’t have any other choice but wait for him.
5. When the ship sank, there were 1,200 passengers on aboard.
6. Captain Nemo cried about the lost lives of people were drowned in ships that had sunk.
7. All is needed for life comes from the ocean.
8. It was on a night in November when I looked at the result of my work.
9. Their guide leads them through a narrow passage deeply into the earth..
10. I entered the search for wisdom and dreamt of finding a way to cure of any disease.
11. The ship is also very strong and protect with thick iron plates.
12. He used for the latest ideas and technical inventions of his day in his books.
1. __________ 2. ____________ 3. ____________4. _____________5. ___________
6. ____________ 7. ___________ 8. ___________ 9._____________ 10. ___________
1. ______________ 2. ______________ 3. ______________ 4._______________
5. ______________ 6. ______________ 7. ______________ 8._______________
9. ______________ 10. _____________ 11. _____________ 12.______________
1-5 BCABC 6-10 CBACC 11-15 BAACA 16-20 BBACB
21-25AABDA 26-30 DDCDA 31-35 CDDBC
36-40 CABDB 41-45 ACDAD 46-50BCABC 51-55 ADBCD
56-60 DCABC 61-64 CAAD
1. foundation 2. permanent 3. phenomenon 4. hesitated 5. balloons
6. gentle 7. collision 8.brilliant 9. belief 10. labour
1. that → when 2. 把was去掉 3. at→on 4. but后加to
5. aboard→board或on 去掉 6. 把were去掉或were前加who 7. all 后加that
8. when → that 9. deeply→deep 10. 把of去掉 11. protect→protected
III. 短文改错 10%
1. who’s--- whose 2. √ 3. 去掉but 4. on→in
5. was→were 6. homeworks →homework 7. 在stopped后加to 8. find→found
9. immediate→immediately 10. out 后加 the
I did very badly at school. My headmaster thought I was 36 and when I was 14 he said, “You’re never going to be 37 but a failure.”
After five years of 38 jobs, I fell in love with a very nice middle-class girl. It was the beat 39 that could have happened to me. I 40 I wanted to do something positive (积极地) with my life because I wanted to prove to 41 that what people said about me was 42 .Especially her mother, who had said to me ,“Let’s 43 it, you’ve failed at everything you’ve ever done.” So I tried hard with my 44 and went to college. My first novel (小说) 45 while I was at college.
After college I taught during the 46 in high schools and attended evening classes at London University, where I got a 47 in history. I became a lecturer at a college and was thinking of 48 that job to write full time 49 I was offered a part-time job at Leeds University. I began to feel proud of myself 50 was a working-- class boy who’d 51 school early, now teaching at the university.
My writing career(职业) took off when I discovered my own style. Now I’m rich and 52 , have been on TV, and met lots of film stars. 53 what does it mean? I 54 wish all the people that have put me down had 55 : “I believe in you . You’ll succeed.”
36. A. bright B. useless C. simple D. hopeful
37. A. anything B. something C. everything D. nothing
38. A. low B. poor C. good D. useful
39. A. support B. happiness C. surprise D. thing
40. A. admitted B. decided C. planned D. told
41. A. me B. them C. her D. it
42. A. wrong B. right C. stupid D. faulty
43. A. see B. know C. understand D. face
44. A. experiment B. practice C. writing D. composition
45. A. came on B. came in C. came out D. came back
46. A. day B. night C. month D. year
47. A. graduation B. pass C. degree D. success
48. A. giving in B. giving back C. giving out D. giving up
49. A. while B. if C. when D. or
50. A. there B. here C. it D. that
51. A. left B. attended C. changed D. graduated
52. A. tired B. calm C. nervous D. famous
53. A. And B. But C. However D. Well
54. A. just B. exactly C. so D. very
55. A. praised B. said C. answered D. advised
|the phrases for the senior…
Test for Unit 13&14, Senio…
|| 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 联系站长 | 友情链接 | 版权申明 | 管理登录 ||