|您现在的位置： 福建师大附中 >> 外语组 >> 教学资源库 >> 最新试卷 >> 正文test||用户登录 新用户注册|
|A Test For Units 11-12 Senior II|
|作者：佚名 文章来源：本站原创 点击数： 更新时间：2006-7-12|
A Test For Units 11-12 Senior II ( 05/ 03/ 08)
I. Listening 20%
Ⅱ. Multiple choice. 15%
1.There was time I hated to go to school.
A. a, that B. a, when C. the, that D. the, when
2.----What do you think is to happen to me tomorrow?
----Sorry, I don’t know.
A. possible B. able C. likely D. about
3. Shortly after that, they ________ to the experiments ,which_________ to be a success.
A. set out , turned out B. set about ,turned out
C. set off , turned D. set out , turned
4. -----Don’t you believe me ?
----- , I’ll believe you say.
A. No, whatever B. Yes, no matter what C. No, no matter what D. Yes, whatever
5. The man __________to the audience the names of the winners.
A. arranged B. reminded C. announced D. suggested
6. Would you mind _________me _______ the distance really is?
A. to tell me / how long B. telling / how far
C. tell / what D. telling / what
7. Her refusing to go to the cinema with him is not to be .
A. wondered in B. wondered on C. wondered at D. wondered whether
8. You may give the film ticket to you think needs it.
A. no matter who B. whomever C. whoever D. no matter whom
9. This problem is believed __________ in a few days. So have patience and wait.
A. to be settled B. being settled C. will be settled D. to have been settled
10. When Jack arrived, he learned Mary for almost an hour.
A. had gone B. had set out C. had left D. had been away
11. A board by the side of the well on which these words , “Danger. Keep off.”
A. put up, wrote B. was put up, wrote
C. put up, is written D. was put up, were written
12. __________in a driving suit, Captain Nemo and his guests walk around in this magic world , ________ by the lamp of the ship.
A. Wearing / lighted B. Dressing / being lighted
C. Dressed / lighted D. Worn / being lighted
13. Only the men held the view the book said was right.
A. that what B. what that C. all what D. that whether
14. His efforts _______him______ his dream of becoming a top scientist in this field.
A. enabled , realizing B. made , possible to realize
C. made it possible for , to realize D. him can realize
15. It won’t be he up with his classmates.
A. long before, catches B. before long, catches
C. for long, will catch D. long until, will catch
Ⅲ.Cloze test. 20%
No man can change the weather. Nobody can control the weather. But if we read correctly the ____1____around us we can 2 what the more changes in the weather will be. This way of telling what the weather will be like the following day or two is called weather forecasting.
For many centuries and in all countries people have 3 the weather and tried to 4__ weather forecasting.
Sometimes 5 objects such as hills and tall trees seem to be very clear and near. This is a sign of much water vapour( 水气) in the 6 and therefore rain will ____7_____ come.
Rings round the sun are a sign of coming rain. Many people feel in their 8 the coming of wet weather. Their joints ache. Some birds fly 9 as fine weather is coming but they fly near the ground if 10 or stormy weather is 11 the way. It is probably because of the insects which they are hunting 12__ they fly 13 .
If you see a rainbow during rainy weather, this is a sign that the weather will become clear and fine. Such 14 always come in the evening. If the stars 15 clearly at night, then fair weather will 16 . If a fog appears in the morning just about sunrise, then the day will be warm. Instead, if a fog appears in the evening the next day will be wet 17 .
If the sunset is mostly red in colour, then the following day will be ___18__. If a rainbow appears in the morning, rainy weather will probably come.
Most of the 19 sayings have been made by people who have used their 20 and brains to make weather forecasting.
1. A. wonders B. books C. signs D. days
2. A. tell B. speak C. talk D. point
3. A. studied B. learned C. searched D. watched
4. A. tell B. make C. carry D. send
5. A. small B. away C. near D. distant
6. A. space B. air C .heaven D. earth
7. A. probably B. hardly C. never D. seldom
8. A. legs B. arms C. skins D. bones
9. A. high B. low C. near D. far
10. A. wet B. dry C. rainy D. sunny
11. A. by B. in C. for D. on
12. A. that B. which C. where D. when
13. A. high B. low C. fast D. slow
14. A. as B. rainbows C. weather D. day
15. A. twinkle B. appear C. bright D. seem
16. A. begin B. stop C. continue D. be
17. A. day B. weather C. hour D. time
18. A. wet B. rainy C. worse D. fine
19. A. above B. below C. important D. interesting
20. A. bodies B. hands C. eyes D. legs
Ⅳ.Reading Comprehension 16%
Personal computers and the Internet give people new choices about how to spend their time.
Some may use this freedom to share less time with certain friends or family members, but new technology will also let them stay in closer touch with those they care most about. I know this from personal experience.
E-mail makes it easy to work at home, which is where I now spend most weekends and evenings. My working hours aren’t necessarily much shorter than they once were but I spend fewer of them at the office. This lets me share more time with my young daughter than I might have if she’d been born before electronic mail became such a practical tool.
The Internet also makes it easy to share thoughts with a group of friends. Say you do something fun see a great movie perhaps-and there are four or five friends who might want to hear about it. If you call each one, you may tire of telling the story.
With E-mail, you just write one note about your experience, at your convenience, and address it to all the friends you think might be interested. They can read your message when they have time, and read only as much as they want to. They can reply at their convenience, and you can read what they have to say at your convenience.
E-mail is also an inexpensive way stay in close touch with people who live far away. More than a few parents use E-mail to keep in touch, even daily touch, with their children off at college.
We just have to keep in mind that computers and the Internet offer another way of staying in touch. They don’t take the place of any of the old ways.
1. The purpose of this passage is to ________.
A. explain how to use the Internet
B. describe the writer’s joy of keeping up with the latest technology
C. tell the merits(价值) and usefulness of the Internet
D. introduce the reader to basic knowledge about personal computers and the Internet
2. The use of E-mail has made it possible for the writer to ________.
A. spend less time working
B. have more free time with his child
C. work at home on weekends
D. work at a speed comfortable to him
3. According to the writer, E-mail has an obvious advantage over the telephone because the former helps one ________.
A. reach a group of people at one time conveniently
B. keep one’s communication as personal as possible
C. pass on much more information than the later
D. get in touch with one’s friends faster than the later
4. The best title for this passage is ________.
A. Computer: New Technological Advances
B. Internet: New Tool to Maintain Good Friendship
C. Computers Have Made Life Easier
D. Internet: a Convenient Tool for Communication
The majority of astronauts from America have been men. At the start of the space programme there was strong resistance from some people against having women in space. However, some women were very keen to become astronauts and in the end they were successful. In 1978, NASA began the first training programme for women astronauts.
Judy Resnick and Christa McAuliffe were both astronauts and they were both women, but in many other ways they were very different. Both of them were on Flight STS-5L-L. Judy Resnick was born in 1949 and studied engineering at university and went on to obtain a PhD in 1977. She was a member of the first group of women selected for astronaut training in 1978, and in 1984, she became the second woman in space. During that flight, she helped to launch three new satellites and she carried out a programme of research. She was, in many ways, a professional astronaut whose whole life was devoted to space travel.
Christa McAuliffe was born in 1948 and she was an astronaut almost by accident. In 1984, NASA decided to find a teacher who could accompany astronauts into space. They hoped that she would be able to communicate with students from space and encourage every one of them to be interested in space travel. Christa was a secondary teacher in history and social studies. She was a gifted teacher and she was selected from over 11,000 applicants to go on flight STS-51-L. She was also a very good communicator and she immediately established a very good relationship with the news media(radio, television and newspapers）. It was partly because of this that there was a great deal of interest and excitement about the flight. Thousands of students in schools and universities all around the country were looking forward to communicating with Christa in space. Millions of people were watching her flight with great interest. It is partly because of the excitement over McAuliffe's place in the flight that the disaster in 1986 had such an effect on people.
5. We can learn from the first two paragraphs that ___________.
A. Judy was against the idea of having women in space at first
B. Judy was the first woman selected for astronaut training
C. Judy helped to launch three new satellites at the age of 35
D. Judy carried out a programme during her second space travel
6. Christa McAuliffe was chosen for training because _______.
A. she was popular with the news media
B. she expected to give history lessons in space
C. she was an excellent teacher and communicator
D. she made the students in space very excited
7. The reason why there was great interest in Flight STS-51-L is that ________.
A. both Christa and Judy got PhD degrees in the same year
B. a young secondary school teacher was on the flight
C. students were going to learn more about space travel
D. it was the first time for women to travel in space
8. What would be the best title for the passage?
A. Two Women Astronauts B. Flight STS-51-L
C. Traveling in Space D. The Training Programme
Answer Sheet For Test( Units 11-12 ) Senior Two
I. Listening 20%
II. Multiple choices 15%
III. Close test 20%
IV. Reading 16%
V. New Words 10%
1. Don’t h_____________ any longer. If you don’t take action, there will be no more chances.
2. A rainbow appears after the rain, which is a natural p______________.
3. He is b__________________ as a scientist; but at home he is like a baby.
4. When will humans put a stop to war and have p______________ peace?
5 The man witnessed a head-on c__________ between two cars on his way home.
6. What he described in the book was a complete f_____________. It is not at all real.
7. Their guide leads them through a narrow p____________ deep into the earth.
8. The scientists have made a b________________ in medical science , giving hope to cancer patients all over the world.
9. Verne spent many hours studying botany, a___________ science and many other subjects.
10. The being Dr Frankenstein made was about eight feet in h____________.
VI. Fill in the blanks with the words or phrases in their proper forms 20%
consider, grasp, put forward, showcase, persuade, support , use, buy , achieve, throw
1. The suggestion ___________ at the meeting is well worth _____________.
2. When you want to write a ____________ essay, you have to state your opinion clearly and____________ it with strong arguments.
3. The hi-tech exhibition _______________ China’s hi-tech success _____________ under the 863 Programme.
4. I think I managed____________ the main points of the lecture.
5. This great discovery helped _________ light on the secrets of heaven and earth.
6. The man decided to ____________ a new way by _____________ unknown powers.
Ⅱ. Multiple choice. 15%
1-5 BCADC 6-10 DCCAD 11-15 DCACA
Ⅲ.Cloze test. 20%
1-5 CAABD 6-10 BADAC 11-15 DABBA 16-20 CBDAC
Ⅳ.Reading Comprehension 16%
1-4 CBAD 5-8 CCBA
V. New words 10%
1. hesitate 2. phenomenon 3. brilliant 4. permanent 5. collision
6. fiction 7. passage 8. breakthroughs 9. applied 10. height
VI Blank filling 20%
1. put forward , considering 2. persuasion, support 3.showcases ( showcased ), achieved
4. to grasp 5. throw 6. pioneer , exploring
|the phrases for the senior…
Test for Unit 13&14, Senio…
|| 设为首页 | 加入收藏 | 联系站长 | 友情链接 | 版权申明 | 管理登录 ||